Re: My pledge as a maintainer to the developers sending me patches.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 02:15:10PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> So, that's it, comments?  Criticism?
>
> Note, I don't expect anyone else to do this, it's just what I am willing
> to do.  I know some subsystem maintainers do a much better job than I do
> (some subsystem response times to patches is amazing!), but I figured
> I'd put this out there if anyone else wanted to rift on it.

This is really awesome. I've only attempted to get patches into parts of the
kernel owned by 3 maintainers, and outside of you, that was 2 or less patches
for the others... but I will say it's a pleasure to submit you patches.

In other subsystems I've been frustrated by getting responses to a patch with
something snarky about the description, and nothing about the code, or if it's
going to be accepted. Or no response for months.

I also maintain open source software and it's not easy to always be
constructive or timely in reviewing and accepting patches, but it's incredibly
nice to see that people make a concious effort to do so.

All that said, the small amounts of work I've done in linux-usb (and it's
sub-sub systems) has been easy and a joy. Thanks to you and everyone else.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@xxxxxxxx
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss