Re: libusbx v1.0.12 has been released

On 2012.06.15 22:25, Nathan Hjelm wrote:
Did you really put that HID junk back in there? This is a bad idea. HID
users SHOULD NOT be using libusb and I will not add this IOHID support
to the Darwin backend.

That's fine, we're not going to force you to do something you're not comfortable with.

For what is worth, HID support has always been readily available on Linux, and is not much of an issue on Windows either. From our last discussions on the subject, it seemed that quite a few users seemed to be of the idea that convenience trumped other concerns, especially given that using HID requires no manual installation on Windows, unlike WinUSB, which is why we think it makes a lot of sense to add it back.

Regards,

/Pete