Re: HID Output and Feature Reports

On Tue, 29 May 2012, Joao Paulo Rechi Vita wrote:

> > I think the new generic HID battery-detection code uses the
> > feature-reports. However, its disabled by default if I remember
> > correctly.
>
> I will check this out, thanks for the hint.

Yes, battery power level is one place where feature reports are currently
being used.

There are also several devices that need specific feature report to be
sent to them in order to be able to use them at all (initialization).
Magicmouse, to name another example, uses feature report to switch it
between singletouch and multitouch modes. Etc.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs