Re: Canon DSLR unhappy on USB 3.0 port (OK on 2.0)

Hi James,

James wrote:
> I'm experiencing issues with Canon EOS DSLRs (60D, 400D -- both have USB
> 2.0 connections) when connected to a USB 3.0 port on my notebook. After
> connecting it, the camera seems to be recognised by the kernel, but is
> sometimes unusable by gphoto2;

libgphoto2 uses libusb, which talks to the kernel via usbfs. There's
another thread about this very problem. Latest status is that Sarah
is looking into making a patch for the kernel xhci-hcd driver, which
might behave slightly differently than ehci-hcd, causing also your
issue. Hold on for her patch. See thread:

usbdevfs: BULK_CONTINUATION flag does not work with XHCI controller

http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=133882811627994

(Warning: big cross-posting.)

//Peter