Re: BUG: one patch causes imx51 Babbage board detect usb hub failed

On Fri, 18 May 2012, Richard Zhao wrote:

> IMHO, ehci_reset should be the first thing in ehci_setup. I feel a
> little confused, there's no standard step to initialise ehci. Some
> driver call ehci_init while some driver call ehci_setup. And every

This is because ehci_setup() was written very recently (within the last
year) whereas many of the drivers were written long ago.  It would be
good to convert all the drivers to use ehci_setup(), but in some cases
it may not be possible.

> driver (except chipidea) is included to ehci-hcd.c, ehci-hcd expose
> all its local functions to all other drivers.

That is going to be changed eventually.  But not for a while...

Alan Stern