Device Enumeration Failure

Dear mailing list,

I have a very specific issue found in a series of notebooks (Gigabyte T1132N) which I would like to resolve. It seems like the device enumeration of the USB Host Controller is failing to find the attached touchscreen. Through windows I got most of the information like the vendor/product ID (2087 0b03) and host controller where the device is attached at. The host controller is recognized in linux and all the attached devices other than the touchscreen work flawlessly. Also the driver for the specific type of touchscreen exists but the device is just not found.

To start the enumeration manually I tried creating a module using the Host Controller API but as I understand modules can only use the USB Core API. (Compilation didn't work) The USB Core API doesn't support enumeration.

Using a USB sniffer in windows I received some output that suggests that the touchscreen might be turned off (power state D2) but I can't figure out how to influence power states in usb devices in linux.

I am grateful for any remarks or suggestions.

I hope this request is worthy of your time.
If not, may you please point me to someone who has the time and knowledge to help?

Sincerely,
Gerhard Thomas