Interesting problem with gadget drivers on my laptop Lenovo T420!

Hello,

I have interesting problem, which I don't know how to solve.

I do the whole setup on the target, and connect target with my desktop.
On my desktop I use VMware with RHEL Guest OS. Once I issue: modprobe
g_zero I see on the desktop usbtest.ko inserted in the list of modules
(hot plug). I also see the USB gadget in /proc/bus/usb/devices .

I setup the same on my laptop. Interesting enough, although laptop
recognizes USB keyboard and mouse on all ports, it does NOT recognize
hotplug (does NOT insert usbtest.ko) when I issue modprobe g_zero?!
I do not see the USB gadget in /proc/bus/usb/devices .

I did mounting of usbfs by myself at the beginning on the host side,
issuing (as root):# mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb

What can be the list of potential problems for such a behavior?

Thank you,
Zoran

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Douglas Lusk, Peter Gleissner, Hannes Schwaderer
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052