Re: gadget hid change transfer packet size

On Mon, 7 May 2012, MC Potgieter wrote:

> I'm using ptxdist. I've enabled the gadget hid driver in the kernel
> (2.6.38) and it is working
> great. Only problem is that the current packet size is 8 bytes. I would
> like to increase the packet size to 64bytes (which is maximum for hid).
>
> I've defined a custom device and report descriptor (see below) and they are
> working fine. I've also created two custom endpoints and I am able to
> communicate over them.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1.) To increase the packet size I still need to change the configuration
> descriptor but I cant find the file/location where I can change this. Which
> file contains the configuration descriptor for gadget hid?

No file contains the configuration descriptor; it is constructed
on-the-fly.  The various interface and endpoint descriptors are defined
in f_hid.c.

But why do you need to change the config descriptor?  It doesn't
contain any endpoint sizes.

> 2.) The labels used in the descriptors below (for example: .bLength), where
> are they defined?

include/linux/usb/ch9.h.

Alan Stern