Re: [linux-pm] ehci_hcd related S3 lockup on ASUS laptops, again

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 09:40:18AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > > Can the two of you try one more experiment?  The underlying cause of
> > > the suspend problem may have been fixed by this patch:
> > >
> > > 	http://marc.info/?l=linux-pm&m=133573212512122&w=2
> > >
> > > Please try reverting the patch I wrote and applying this one instead.
> > > Does it help the suspend problem?  If it does, can you use USB to wake
> > > up the sleeping computer?
> > >

> > Yes this patch suspends (without your patch).
> >
> > But plugging in a USB device still does not wake up. But I could not get
> > Windows to do that either.
> The same here.

Hmmm.  What about runtime suspend?

Still using the new patch without my patch, if you write "auto" to the
power/control file under the two controller sysfs directories, at least
one of them should go into suspend.  You can check this by seeing what
the corresponding power/runtime_status file says (there might be
something in the dmesg log too).  When this happens, what does "lspci
-v" show for the controller's state?

Alan Stern