3.4-rc5: Texas Instruments Device 8241 does not detect a device upon plugin

Hi Sarah, Andiry and Alan and other linux-usb readers,
  I reported some issues in the past with this onboard controller in my Dell Vostro 3550
laptop in thread "Re: xhci_hcd 0000:0b:00.0: WARN: transfer error on endpoint".
The story was about overloading the chipset with two SATAIII devices (one reading
and another was writing). Just one device was not enough to trigger that. It
was believed at fault is the USB-to-SATA bridge based on JMicron JMS539 (I had two
of these and both were used to attach the SATA disks). However, only the writing process
crashed. My last answer to that on 03/31/12 10:05 was newer answered, I haven't
moved anywhere with that.

  I mentioned in that thread also that the USB-to-SATA bridge is not detected on very first
plugin into the USB3.0 socket (but it appears to me now that sometimes sub-sequent plugins
are not recognized).

  I have now ASMedia2105 based SilverStone TS04B external drive enclosure (note the B at
the end) and I have the "same" issue. I compiled some extra debug stuff into the kernel and
I sent to pastebin several dmesg outputs:

  http://pastebin.com/EP3j4HMB is the plain bootup of the computer
  http://pastebin.com/i5y6ymJM contains the additional messages when the device was
                               *plugged in*. It contains some xhci messages but no action
                               (no usb-storage started, no SCSI device added).
  http://pastebin.com/CW2TNUNq contains syslog lines when I *unplugged* the undetected device.

  Do you need a usbmon stacktrace?

  I wanted to attach also a successfull connection log, I got port status change
but still, no device recognized: http://pastebin.com/1svpqEKJ. For
that I grabbed lsusb of the tree. I called the lsusb few times but lastly was redirecting
its output into a file .
That took about half a minute to finish, and it seems that the timeouts were recorded in
by syslog: http://pastebin.com/HKGP1VAR

  So is this a problem with the Texas Instrument controller or xhci_hcd?
Thank you,
Martin