Re: xhci driver, suspend/resume on Lenovo U300

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 03:30:24PM -0400, Christopher Harvey wrote:
> I have a Lenovo U300s and I was about to look into this over the
> weekend. Looking forward to testing any patches or providing hardware
> info. Feel free to CC me on anything related to this bug.

Great!  Do you think you could compile a custom kernel, and test whether
your suspend issues are solved?  I've pushed a custom kernel that
extends Alan's patch to your Lenovo EHCI host controllers:

git clone -b for-usb-linus-lenovo-fix git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sarah/xhci.git

If that still doesn't work, I'll spin a patch that adds the quirk to the
xHCI host as well.

We might need to add the Lenovo subsystem product ID as well to this
quirk.  I have a Lenovo x220 with two EHCI and one xHCI host controller,
with a subsystem vendor:device ID of 17aa:21da.  Suspend seems to work
fine on this system, although it's never been able to hibernate
properly, and I haven't had time to look into it.

> On a side note, the integrated webcam has stopped working. I don't see
> it on lspci or lsusb ever since I started messing with the bind/unbind
> hack. If somebody has one of these laptops on hand I'd appreciate the
> output of lsusb. Proabably just physically broken, but I can't help
> but wonder if it's related to software.

Hmm, so it's not showing up at boot at all?  Even if you remove the
bind/unbind hack?

Sarah Sharp