Re: Changes to power management in ehci-tegra

On 04/19/2012 05:47 AM, Alan Stern wrote:
Those responsible for ehci-tegra.c in our downstream kernels are
supposed to be working on a plan to upstream the missing parts. When
that comes to fruition, we should be able to remove that Kconfig
restriction. I'm afraid I don't have an ETA for when that will be though.

Is this patch compatible with the downstream driver?  It would be a
shame to mess up a bunch of other work.

Downstream driver is dramatically out-of-sync with respect to upstream, and we don't know when we will be able to catch up, so if your patch improves things there is no reason not to go ahead. AFAIK nothing equivalent to what you implemented has been done on our side (i.e. we are still powering down during bus suspend), so this is welcome.

Alex.