Re: USB OHCI freezes after few minutes of heavy use. EHCI is OK. noapic or acpi=noirq almost provides workaround

Hey zbiggy,

> Hello Jean, :-)
>
> I'm surprised to see you here.

I'm stalking you! Nah. I subscribed here because of the people who
tried to get their gaming keyboard working in Linux and were unable to.
The fix is easy and I already wrote here how to solve it but I got no
feedback. Maybe I need to provide proper patches - But as I'm not a
kernel nor usb dev and I don't know what things might happen with that
change (apart from that the keyboards start working) I rather not
submit a patch. Just feeling somewhat sad that nobody picks it up :)
But hey, that seems to be linux - do it yourself or die!

> Shame on you. You bought mainboard with chipset from manufacturer who
> does not provide datasheets to community. :-) Like me :-( This
> chipset issue is penalty for both of us and the rest of users trapped
> with this bug. No more closed specs mainboard buying.

Oh yeah. Well I noticed this when I plug in my mouse and use it with
1000hz (windows is fine, much older kernels have been fine with it as
well, the mouse is specially made for that and the mainboard is capable
to do this) - the whole usb port seems to die until I reboot the box.
Same happens sometimes when I plug in my mp3 player and exchange data
(probably due to heavy use - usb mouse, usb keyboard, usb mp3 player,
usb bluetooth device..). noapic helps here. But.. that's a workaround,
not a fix.