Re: Patch for ftdi_sio kernel module

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 04:25:26PM +0200, Tijs van Roon wrote:
> Hello Johan,
>
> I've made a patch for the ftdi_sio kernel module to support another PID.
> However I don't quite understand all the mailing list stuff and since I
> don't plan on following the complete kernel development cycle I also do not
> wish to enlist myself to several lists before being able to submit the
> patch (as it's just a really small patch). I could not find a simple email
> address to mail to the list either.
>
> So therefore, your email address was the only one I could find.. And I'm
> hoping you will include the patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> I've included the patch files and a description in the attachments.

You don't have to sign up for the linux-usb list to submit the patch --
people should keep you addressed or cc:ed in any replies.

Just send a mail with subject, description and patch inline to
linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You can you use git format-patch/send-email
for this if you want. Have a look at Documentation/SubmittingPatches for
details.

Here's an example:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=133012315015400&w=2

You should also drop the "added by" comment from the patch -- this will
be apparent from the git changelog.

Thanks,
Johan