Re: linux-3.2.12: sd 15:0:0:0: [sdd] Sense Key : No Sense [current] [descriptor]

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Martin Mokrejs wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>   I hiope this is the last time at least for some while I am sending to the
> list the USB debug (I already recompiled my kernel without it). Anyway, the last
> thing I wanted to test was what the drive reports when is woken up. It was sleeping
> and after I wanted to unmout it, I got what is in the attachment. Anything wrong
> with this? As usually, was connected to JMicron USB3.0-to-SATAII bridge connected
> to builtin Texas Instruments controller. I think you all know already my hardware
> from my todays emails. ;-)

As far as I can tell, the drive reported that it couldn't carry out the
command at first, probably because it had to spin up.  But then it
started working normally.

I have no idea why the drive got spun down in the first place.

Alan Stern