Re: linux-2.6.32.59: usb usb3: bus suspend fail, err -2

Elric Fu wrote:
> 2012/3/26 Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi,
>>  I tried one of the "stable" kernels with my Dell Votro 3550 laptop
>> with a USB2.0 hub connected to its eSATA/USB2.0 port. Is this a known
>> issue? Aside from removing USB suspend from the kernel, is there any
>> other way to get rid of this?
>
> The kernel is too old. The power management implementation for USB3
> was supported from 2.6.37. You should use the lastest kernel.

Ah, thanks. So how about disabling CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND altogether
for USB3.0 in those old kernels? I mean really to disable it in the xHCI
driver only.

But the message I reported here is a USB2.0 connection through an
internal eSATA/USB2.0 connector on the laptop. So are we talking about
the same?

Thanks,
Martin