Re: ehci drivers not working on router BCM63XX based

Please set up your email client to wrap lines after 72 columns or so.

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012, Max Fairburn wrote:

> Greetings, my name is Max and i'm having some problems with the usb ports (router has 2 ports) of my router huawei HG553 (bcm63xx) using the openwrt firmware (kernel 3.0.18), looks like that is a common problem with this and similar broadcom based models from huawei (seems that other bcm63xx boards are working fine):
>
> 1 port is working at usb 1.1 and the other one is unresponsive, i have tried attaching an usb hub with external power supply, but got the same results. Ports work fine with the original firmware (old kernel 2.6.8.1).
>
> Voltage levels (using a multimeter) are ok, with and without an usb device attached.
>
> Here is some info with a compiled version using CONFIG_USB_DEBUG:

The log shows that the EHCI controller is not connecting at high speed.
There is no obvious reason for this.

The bcm63xx_ehci driver is not part of the regular kernel, so there's
fairly little we can do to help you on this mailing list.  You should
get in touch with the people who wrote that driver, or maybe with the
openwrt people.

Alan Stern