Re: USB timeout during S3 suspend w/ NEC Corporation uPD720200

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 04:20, Xu, Andiry <Andiry.Xu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> xhci_hcd 0000:0d:00.0: Poll event ring: 4308439040
>> xhci_hcd 0000:0d:00.0: op reg status = 0xffffffff
>> xhci_hcd 0000:0d:00.0: HW died, polling stopped.
>
> This means your host controller is dead after suspend: op reg status
> reads 0xffffffff indicates the xHC is not working at all, it's in
> a status like "plug out".

Is my assumption correct that this happened during the suspend as it
seems to me that 30 s earlier the controller was still happily
supplying its state during the debug dump, right?

OTOH, if the controller is dead there is no point in waiting for it to
come back, right? The polling seems to stop according to the debug
message, but the the suspend still hangs. It would be interesting to
know if the controller would wake up again after a resume (which is
currently prevented by the blocking suspend, of course).

> What's the kernel version are you using?

3.2.9 x86_64 x86_64 - mainline with only your patch (and the timeout
tweak) applied

I am not absolutely certain, but I think this did not happen with an
earlier Kernel version [most probably 3.0] (there were other S3 kernel
panics related to my 3G modem, though, so I can't tell exactly).
Bisecting is probably not an option due to the sporadic nature of the
issue.

Regards,
Thilo