Re: USB peripheral controller driver for Maxim MAX3420e

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Edwin Mercado wrote:

> Thanks Alan for your incredible insight and willingness to teach!

You're welcome.

> I had spent about a month and half reverse engineering the way Test 8
> works and what its parameters meant but to no avail. Thanks once
> again!
>
> About toggling, Maxim 3420e automatically clears all data toggles
> during chip or USB bus reset. The CPU clears individual endpoint data
> toggle under two conditions:
> 1. The host issues a Set_Configuration request.
> 2. The host issues a Clear_Feature (endpoint stall) request.
>
> I was clearing the data toggle under condition #2 but not #1. Fixing
> this and setting -v 64 enabled the driver to pass Test 8!!

That's not enough; the CPU also has to clear the data toggle when the
host issues a Set-Interface request.

You can check whether this is working by going back to the old "-v 1"
version of test 8.  If the CATC trace shows 576 bytes for the first run
and 640 bytes for subsequent runs then the toggle is not getting
cleared.  You should see 576 bytes for every run.

Alan Stern