Re: USB peripheral controller driver for Maxim MAX3420e

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 09:06:53AM -0700, Edwin Mercado wrote:
> Right; I'm limited by the BSP I'm developing the driver for, which as
> you stated is somewhat out dated. Once I've gotten it to work, I'm
> planning to forward port to latest kernel for your acceptance.

That's good, but, when you have problems like these, testing on an older
kernel doesn't do much, as we can't help you out at all.  So I would
recommend doing your work on the latest kernel, and if needed, when you
are finished, backporting to the older kernel, which is almost always
easier than forward porting stuff, in that you don't have non-driver
issues involved.

good luck,

greg k-h