Re: hardware driver <-> gadget driver interaction (dwc otg, round 2)

* Alan Stern | 2012-01-20 10:57:57 [-0500]:

>It may be that the best solution is for the composite.c driver to
>implement Set-Config and Set-Interface requests in a workqueue, so that
>the calls could be made in process context.  For now, you can avoid the
>problem by not calling dma_alloc_coherent in your endpoint-setup
>routine.

This sounds like a good idea. delayed_status, here we come.

>g_file_storage doesn't have this problem because it uses its own kernel
>thread for handling these requests.
It is not unique to this :) In general there is nothing wrong with doing
"it" in IRQ context. The file storage gadge needs lot of memory and it
is good not to use the emergency pools for that.

>Alan Stern

Sebastian