Re: Latest testusb.c, with my additions... While opening usbtest, what device should be opened?!

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 01:46:20PM +0000, Stojsavljevic, Zoran wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
> Here are my comments.
>
> The kernel I am using from its Makefile:
> VERSION = 2
> PATCHLEVEL = 6
> SUBLEVEL = 34
> EXTRAVERSION = .10
> NAME = Sheep on Meth
>
> Why do you think the version of this kernel is outdated. I don't think so!?

The 2.6.34 kernel was released in May of 2010.  There have been over
86000 changes to the kernel since then by the community, making what you
are using pretty obsolete and unmemorable by us, the community.

Yes, there is a longterm stable release cycle for the 2.6.34 kernel, but
that is merely backporting important fixes from upstream to this kernel,
it is not up to date with regards to larger issues like interoperating
with newer hardware and the like, which is what you are doing.

> The device on USB address 7 went away, but it came back upon new
> registration and numeration, as device 8 (/proc/bus/usb/002/008). So
> the original conditions are very true/correct. Please, do note that I
> ran with:
> ./testusb -a  -t 0
>
> Yes, I am trying to reach on target platform g_printer device, for
> some reason I am not able to register g_zero on target (enumeration
> process fails). But g_printer behaves very correctly. It should work
> also with g_printer, as my understanding is.
>
> I see that on my host the directory /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-2.1/ (which is printer gadget), structure:
> struct usb_device_descriptor {
>         __u8  bLength;
>         __u8  bDescriptorType;
>         __u16 bcdUSB;
>         __u8  bDeviceClass;
>         __u8  bDeviceSubClass;
>         __u8  bDeviceProtocol;
>         __u8  bMaxPacketSize0;
>         __u16 idVendor;
> 	__u16 idProduct;
>         __u16 bcdDevice;
>         __u8  iManufacturer;
>         __u8  iProduct;
> 	__u8  iSerialNumber;
>         __u8  bNumConfigurations;
> } __attribute__ ((packed));
>
> Is initialized correctly.
>
> Please, find attached diff text file between original and modified
> version (Copyright (c) 2002 by David Brownell- * + * Copyright (c)
> 2010 by Samsung Electronics+ * Author: Michal Nazarewicz
> <m.nazarewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx>).

Please use 'diff -u' so we can read it.

greg k-h