Re: Breakage in ftdi_sio

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Roland Ramthun <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:28:30 +0100 Johan Hovold <jhovold@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

> Tested kernels:
> vanilla 2.6.39.3: works
> vanilla 3.1.6: doesn't work
>
>> And if that program indeed works with 2.6.39 but not with 3.1, could you
>> enable debugging when loading the usbserial and ftdi_sio modules, e.g.:
>>
>>       modprobe usbserial debug=1
>>       modprobe ftdi_sio debug=1
>>
>> and send us the logs when running your program on both kernels.
>
> The logs for above calls with the two different kernel versions are attached.
> They are very similar, one difference I noticed is the missing call/output of
> get_ftdi_divisor() in the 3.1 log.
>
> May I provide any other information to help resolve this issue?

I think I know what the problem is, and if I'm correct you should be able to
use your device if you use stty to first set another baud rate than 9600 (e.g.
115200) before setting it to 9600 again.

I'm replying to this message with a patch which will fix this problem in future
stable kernels.

Thanks for you detailed description of the problem,
Johan