Re: USB card reader - 32 GB SD card detected as 2 TB card

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> On 01/17/2012 03:18 AM, Alan Stern wrote:
>
> > Tomasz, did you try the experiment of renaming /lib/udev/ata_id
> > temporarily before plugging in the reader?  (Or maybe the program at
> > fault is /lib/udev/udisks-part-id; I don't remember.)
>
> Removing them doesn't seem to make any difference.
>
> Still detected as 2 TB, "fdisk -l" hangs as before, until I remove the
> reader.

It's to be expected that the card will still be detected as 2 TB.  But
there should be a significant difference in behavior: You should not
end up with a bunch of commands timing and resetting the reader over
and over again.  What does usbmon show?

Alan Stern