Re: 04d9:a055: Trust GXT 18 Gaming Keyboard: error -22

Hi

27.12.2011 04:01, Sergey Spiridonov пишет:

> 21.12.2011 11:25, Jiri Kosina wrote:
>> i.e. the device presents 32k of cosumer usages, which is beyond the limit
>> on the number of usages the current parser in the kernel supports (12288).
>> Bumping up the HID_MAX_USAGES constant would work around the problem, but
>> I don't believe the keyboard is actually generating such a wide range of
>> consumer page usages.
>
> I recompiled kernel with the bigger HID_MAX_USAGES. Keyboard starts
> working, except for certain keys. I tested it again with Windows, and
> those keys do not work with Windows too. So I suspect that this device
> is most probably broken. I requested replacement for this device.

Today I got substitution for the broken keyboard. This new device is
working with the increased HID_MAX_USAGES and it does not work with the
default value of HID_MAX_USAGES.

If increasing of the default value of the HID_MAX_USAGES is not possible
for some reason, can it be made  boot time adjustable or, maybe, just
ignore huge reported value from the device and try to proceed anyway?
--
Sergey