Gadget Serial Driver for 64-bit OS

Hi,

Our customer had provided a USB driver for flashing software to their
Android phone.
The driver works fine with 32-bit OS (Windows XP). But is does not work with
64-bit OS (Windows 7).

>From the below article I learnt that the gserial.inf need to be updated to
its 64-bit version.
http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=linux-kernel:usb-gadget:serial

I tried using
1. the gserial.inf file given in this article
2. the one (linux-cdc-acm.inf) given here
https://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/msg/b95ab0630bcb7e9f?hl=ja
with the PID and VID values updated to reflect my device.

Both of them caused my PC to crash on installing it.
The driver remains installed, though its not functional, and PC crashes
everytime I connect the phone.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Regards,
Padmanabha