Re: Calling usb_bulk_msg inside usbtouch_process_pkt is causing kernel panic

On 01/04/2012 03:11 PM, Greg KH wrote:
So you are saying that your tiny bit of a driver trumps the entire
multi-million line license of the whole kernel?  Sorry, I don't buy
that, and, by virtue of that, am not allowed to help you with your code.
Please go talk to your company lawyer about this issue.

Good luck, you are on your own here.

Greg,

Sorry, but I can't agree with you in your position. But it's your opinion and who am I to contest someone's opinion.

However if you had a business and you had spent years in investigation paying to a team to make something unique in the market, you would probably want to have some return back. Right now this technology relies on software part which cannot be made public.

NVIDIA does not have it's Linux driver opensource and it probably has some great minds in linux mailing lists exchanging ideas and contributing in other projects.

Sorry if I am running against open source "ethics" here! My question was only about USB after all...

I would like to thank you for your help and advise. You have been terrificly kind!

With my best regards,

Nuno