Re: MUSB Data toggle

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 05:49:52PM +0530, Rajaram R wrote:
> In musb code(musb_host.c), USB data bit toggling is managed through
> software even though we have provision in the hardware. Any reasons we
> do this way ?

Unfortunately I have nothing in my memory to remind of that. but there
is one comment on the source-code which points that something needs to
be properly tested/fixed:

327         /*
328          * FIXME: the current Mentor DMA code seems to have
329          * problems getting toggle correct.
330          */

If you can prove that it works stably with the HW mechanism, patches are
welcome. But whatever you do, make sure you run testusb for, at least,
one week straight with no failures. Also, you can connect a mass storage
device to your MUSB board and run my msc.sh [1] simple test tool [1].
You will also need msc.c [2], of course. Run that one too for another
week.

[1] http://gitorious.org/usb/usb-tools/blobs/master/msc.sh
[2] http://gitorious.org/usb/usb-tools/blobs/master/msc.c

--