Re: [cdc_acm] The received data seems to be buffered

Hi,

A: No.

sorry :)

Are you sure you are actually reading the data not in a buffered manner? Is your code reading continously, and have you set up the line settings correctly? Remember, this is a "virtual" serial port, but you still need to tell the tty layer to do things properly. As the driver looks good, and other programs read the data properly, I'm guessing it's your userspace program, sorry.

You are right. I was always thinking that hexdump or cat was working in the way I wanted. I had to open the device not as a file, but like a modem. Here is the code I'm using now, and it works !

fd=open("/dev/ttyACM0", O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY | O_NDELAY);
fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, 0);

tcgetattr(fd, &options);
options.c_cflag     |= (CLOCAL | CREAD);
options.c_lflag &= ~(ICANON | ECHO | ECHOE | ISIG);
options.c_oflag &= ~OPOST;
options.c_cc[VMIN]  = 0;
options.c_cc[VTIME] = 10;
tcsetattr(fd, TCSANOW, &options);