Re: Webcam stops other USB devices (ehci_hcd: HC died; cleaning up)

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011, Michael Below wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 02.12.2011, 10:39 -0500 schrieb Alan Stern:
>
> > The problem is that the EHCI controller hardware does not turn off the
> > periodic schedule quickly enough when the computer tells it to.  It's a
> > hardware fault, not a driver problem.
>
> Aha...
>
> > Let's see the output from lsusb and lspci.
>
> I am attaching it, lsusb -v was too long for cut&paste...

The controllers were made by ATI, same as the other people who have
reported this problem.

On the other hand, I don't see anything in the lsusb listing that would
use the periodic schedule other than the camera.  So the question of
why one bus works okay and the other doesn't remains a mystery.

Alan Stern