Re: [RFC/PATCH v2 0/5] scatterlist support on Gadget Framework

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 05:10:04PM +0530, Rajaram R wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:24 AM, Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:36:38PM +0530, Rajaram R wrote:
> >> Hi Felipe

> >> Do you see this design change useful in only in dwc or useful in any
> >> other controller ?
> >
> > It depends on the DMA engine. If you can use scatter-gather on your DMA
> > engine, then it does make sense.
>
> I believe this change will enhance the performance of gadget driver?

it might. It will prevent us from doing memcpy of the scattered data to
a physically contiguous buffer at least.

> Any class level change required for this ?

of course, gadget driver needs to support scatter-gather and needs to
initialize the new fields of the usb_request structure.

> Do you think such changes be useful for musb as well?

musb's internal DMA engine doesn't support scatter-gather, sorry. Maybe
the DaVinci versions using CPPI DMA, I don't know whether CPPI supports
scatter-gather.

--
balbi