Re: USB functional drivers VS Gadget drivers

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 10:30:26 +0100, Prabhu Chawandi <prabhu.chavandi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  We read that in case of android kernel USB drivers used the function
drivers stack "/drivers/usb/function" and in new ginger bread version
they have moved to gadget driver approach "/drivers/usb/gadget.

 How the operations differ  and how gadget drivers are better than
function drivers ?

This is not a correct list to ask that question.  This list deals with
the so-called “vanilla” kernel and not with Android kernel.  You should
ask the question on Android specific lists.

I might describe or point you to some document describing differences
between “standard” gadgets and composite gadgets in mainline kernel,
but that may be irrelevant for you from Android point of view.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o