Re: Fwd: EHCI driver problem

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011, Anton Alekseev wrote:
>
>> Hello. I've sent this message to <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> but there's
>> no such recipient, so forwarding it to you.
>
> You should always post messages like this to the appropriate mailing
> list.  In this case, that's the linux-usb list.
>
> (And <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> is a perfectly valid recipient; I
> send email messages there quite often.  However it doesn't like
> HTML-formatted mail.)

I think this may be a hardware problem. I think it was in amd SB600
and SB700 chipsets. Is that your hardware?

It has been around forever. Someone fixed the spelling in the error
message and it makes Googling for help more difficult. It used to
contain the word "handhake" in the message, very distinctive for
searches, but don't let google correct it for you before the search.

You might start looking here for others with problems::
http://fixunix.com/kernel/551898-2-6-27-ehci-bug-amd-770nb-sb700-southbridge-usb-lockup.html

Unfortunately, I am not sure it has ever been fixed.

Regards, Steve