Re: Fwd: Fwd: EHCI driver problem

> You didn't get the "force halt; handshake..." message.  It looks like
> the periodic schedule can take as long as 8 ms to stop running!
>
> Error -27 is -EFBIG, which means the driver tried to submit too much
> data for ehci-hcd to handle.

You mean that ALSA driver snd_usb_audio can be a problem?

Two days ago I made an experiment:
- installed realtime kernel 2.6.31-11-rt
-disabled EHCI  in BIOS for my usb host controller
- installed proprietary nvidia driver (cause I didn't want to update
nouveau for old kernel and that old nouveau started only with low
resolution)
- run jackd with parameters frequency=48000Hz, buffer_size=64
samples,buffers_count=2

and in USB 1.1 OHCI mode my ATI controller worked without any bugs.
So I think that snd_usb_audio ALSA driver work correctly.
Am I right?

> I have had but not recently because I switched to a newer card that uses
> the latest driver, all sorts of similar problems, mainly due to the older
> NVIDIA driver you have tainted your kernel with.

I've installed nvidia proprietary driver only two days ago. The
problem appears with both nouveau and nvidia drivers.

##
Please, tell me what should I do next to get my EHCI working?

Anton Alekseiev