Re: Kernel 3.1 fails to build due to error in USB subsystem.

W dniu 27.10.2011 14:38, Greg KH pisze:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 02:34:05PM +0200, Konrad Rzepecki wrote:
> I make some more research, and I found that my compiler doesn't like
> 'delta' variable form quirk_usb_disable_ehci(). When I set explictly '100'
> to udelay it compile and link without problem. Also when I declare
> 'delta' as const it fix the problem.
>
> Can you make one of this changes as workaround for older compilers?
> They seems totally lost with new more complicated 3.1 udelay() macro
> definition.

I suggest you work with the gcc developers to fix your compiler bug,
it's not a kernel issue.

good luck,

I will agree with you in usual situation. But GCC on computers I try to compile
is "3.4.6" which is not maintained any more. Moreover kernel documentation
say that minimal supported GCC is 3.2. This means for me that kernel
developers are aware about bugs and imperfections in older tools and make
workarounds for them.

So for me, this issue should be fixed as kernel bug, or minimal supported GCC
should be noted in documentation as > 3.4.6.

P.S. Please no offence from what I write.

--
   Konrad Rzepecki