Re: [bug] usb_hcd_irq, irq nobody cared & threadirqs

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> > > i am not sure, whether it is really problem of the usb subsystem or with
> > > some other layer, but i am regularly experiencing problems with usb
> > > devices. searching on the lkml, i came across a very similar problem
> > > and the only common point is that it also mentions the usb_hcd_irq
> > > interrupt handler [1].
> > It's easy enough to test.  Unload the various drivers using that IRQ,
> > one at a time, until the problem stops occurring.
>
> ok, after first unloading the snd-hdsp driver, it still produces an error,

All this proves is that snd-hdsp isn't the cause of the problem.

> although this time in the bad interrrupt comes from ahci:

No.  You can't tell where the bad interrupt comes from.

> > > how can i help to resolve this issue?
> >
> > If you remove ohci-hcd and uhci-hcd but the problem remains, then
> > you'll know it's not related to USB.
>
> not sure, whether this is an option for me, as i am using usb mouse/keyboard
> ... so i cannot use the machine anymore :/

Sure you can.  Just log in over a network connection.  Or get a USB-2.0
hub and plug the mouse/keyboard into that hub.

Alan Stern