Re: USB webcams Q

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 04:44:58 PM Alan Stern did opine:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 29, 2011 04:04:15 PM Alan Stern did opine:
> > [...]
> >
> > > One other thing: After you mount /sys/kernel/debug (as described in
> > > the usbmon instructions), send a copy of
> > > /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices.
> >
> > Uh, call me confused.  This is not mentioned in a 'man usbmon' nor in
> > 'pinfo usbmon'. ??
>
> It's described in Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.  All you have to do is:
>
> 	mount -t debufs none /sys/kernel/debug
>
> Alan Stern

Excrement, Fudge, DAMN!  debugfs is unknown to a pclos kernel. And a search
in Synaptic fails. :(  I think I need a bigger hammer...

Thanks for caring Alan, it is appreciated.  As for testing w/o the LX730,
that is my keyboard and mouse.  Wireless.  Maybe I could move that to a FP
hub, usb version 1.1, I have one of those kits in a floppy drive bay.  ISTR
I had it there way back, and I had lots of unexplained disconnects so that
kit is largely unused.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
I love ROCK 'N ROLL!  I memorized the all WORDS to "WIPE-OUT" in
1965!!