Re: malfunction of device after S3

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 05:50:18PM +0800, Andiry Xu wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 15:17 +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> > > Oliver,
> > >
> > > Can you apply the patch attached to see if it helps?
> >
> > It helps somewhat. The device is still not usable, but at least the controller
> > does not halt. The device does not respond to SET ADDRESS as it should.
> >

> The patch re-initialize the host during resume. Does the issue occur
> with cold boot and reboot with the device plugged-in? I suspect it's a
> device issue. Sarah may give some suggestions.

Oliver, can you try unplugging and replugging the device in after cold
boot?  Say, around 15 times or so?  That should make the command ring
wrap, and we can see if the xHCI driver is always writing off the end of
the command ring, or if it only happens during those transfer errors.

If you have CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING on, and
you run `sudo dmesg -n 8`, you should be able to see the full xHCI
debugging.  You can stop after you've seen a toggle cycle bit line for
the command ring.

One thing I wonder is how the command ring *can* be full.  If it's
really full, then the host controller is not responding to commands
(both types, in fact).  I'll have to stare at the dmesg some more and
come up with a possible patch to debug this further.

Sarah Sharp