Re: A USB quirk query

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:16:31 -0400 (EDT)
Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, netdevil77 wrote:

> > > SnoopyPro's plain text output would be fine.  It's verbose and
> > > awkward to handle, but it contains all the necessary information.
> > >
> > > Alan Stern
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > attached you will find the two USB logs SnoopyPro "produced" and
> > which I converted into txt files. I hope this helps!
>
> The logs are very clear.  Unfortunately, the Windows driver
> communicates with the device using a vendor-specific protocol, not the
> standard HID protocol.
>
> Unless you can find a Linux driver that understands this protocol, or
> get the protocol information from the vendor (or reverse-engineer
> it) and write a driver, there's no way to use the touchscreen under
> Linux.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Alan Stern
>
> --
> in the body of a message to
> majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx More majordomo info
> at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Hi
Many thanks for the information, looks like we (as in myself and Goetz)
will need to see if we can rebuild the manufacturers old driver with
the newer kernels....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop