Re: [RFC] xhci: Add a debugfs file to control bulk ring size.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:26:54AM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> * Greg KH | 2011-09-19 15:03:53 [-0700]:
>
> >Once you add a userspace api like this, you can't ever remove it, so I
> >would recommend not doing this.
>
> Do you consider the debugfs interface as an userspace api?

Yes, and Linus does as well and has said so many times publically.

> It was introduced for developers to debug things.

Yes it was, is this debugging something?

> My understanding is that Sarah is getting rid of this once she rewrote
> the part of the code that needs this workaround.

Again, you just broke any tool that was used to using that interface.

As this really doesn't look like a debugging interface, put it in sysfs.

greg k-h