Re: USB questions

hi:

2011/8/1 Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2011, loody wrote:
>
>> sorry for picking this old thread, since the subject is the same.
>> my question is:
>> In high speed device and an urb->inerval is less than 8, take 2 or 4
>> for example, the number of iso transfer descriptors will be
>> 1+(span+7)/8.
>>
>> But the formula above seems to be used for urb-> interval =1, right?
>> Why the # of iso transfer descriptors not to be span/interval but 1+(span+7)/8?
>
> Because each iTD provides information for an entire frame, i.e., 8
> microframes.
The each micro-frame of iso transfer descriptors will not be filled
except urb->interval is 1, right?
if the urb->interval = 2, that mean the total number of iso transfer
descriptors we need are (1+(span+7)/8)*2 not 1+(span+7)/8, since only
half of iso transfer descriptors are filled with packets in iso sched.

--
appreciate your help