Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/6] Decouple PCI from XHCI

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:04:15PM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 03:49:13PM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 01:49:26PM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > > this seris is still no finished and compile tested only,
> > > but I wanted your thoughts on the things I'm doing with
> > > XHCI.
> > >
> > > I still need to decouple PCI from lots of code until
> > > this can actually be funtional, so I wanted to ask
> > > you what would be approach you'd like to see on the
> > > upcoming patches.
> > >
> > > the first 5 patches are quite simple and can be
> > > reviewed on the mail, but for patch 6/6, it's far
> > > better to apply the patch and see what xhci-pci.c
> > > became.
> > >
> > > Comments are really welcome :-)
> >
> > ping. Hi Sarah, do you have any comments wrt this approach ?
>
> Hi Felipe,
>
> Sorry for the long delay.  The first couple of patches looked fine, but
> I wanted to apply the last patch to see how xhci-pci.c turned out, and
> got distracted before I could do that.  I'm at a conference this week,
> so I hope to take a look at the patchset next week, after I figure out
> why the xHCI driver is hard-hanging on with a specific set of HS webcams
> and audio devices. :)

Ok, meanwhile I'll rebase the patches and drop them to the mailing list
for reference. I have reworked a few parts of the patch which allowed me
to make them smaller and a bit easier to review (still hasn't tested on
real HW though, things might break).

--
balbi