Re: IPWireless serial modem has bandwidth limited to 56 kB/s

Am Freitag, 8. Juli 2011, 17:55:59 schrieb Greg KH:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 03:28:00PM +0200, Michal Hybner wrote:

> > Any advices how to solve this? If the bottleneck is really the buffer
> > size, isn't it possible to set it somehow in the 'ipw' driver? Maybe
> > it is simple to find, but I can't code :-(. Few days ago I found this
> > patch[1] - maybe something similar could be done for 'ipw' driver too?
> > 'lsusb -v' and 'lspci -v' attached.
>
> Yes, a patch like that one should help out a lot here, are you able to
> test patches?
>
> If so, can you try the one below and let me know if it helps you out or
> not?

Hi,

this is at best a band aid. We don't want to grow single buffers
beyond the size of an IP packet and we really need to stop at
PAGE_SIZE. The real problem is that the generic driver uses a single
URB on the rx path.

	Regards
		Oliver
- - -