Re: USB with SDHC card not recognized in 2.6.39 and 3.0rc4

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Peter Rasmussen wrote:

> I ran the commands that you suggested and attached files of the output.
>
> In case the environment on my system has known issues I did a few things to show
> what I am running, and attached it.
>
> When looking at the differences between the output from your commands of 2.6.38
> and 3.0rc4 I didn't see anything that looked alarming.

No, there are no differences.  This means the data is getting through
correctly, but the kernel's interpretation of that data has changed.

> Would you want to have the commands run while I am also running usbmon, to see
> what that gives?

No.

> Would it be helpful to run the SDHC flashcard with adapters that seem to have
> problems on both 2.6.38 and 3.0rc4?

That's a separate problem.  Let's solve this one first.

> Should I format the SDHC card to another FS than FAT32, to flesh out possible
> issues?

Can you try reformatting the card's first partition using mkdosfs?
That alone might solve this problem.

Alan Stern