Getting spammed by "hub 2-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 6"

Hi people,

suddenly out of the blue [1] I started getting these messages in the kernel log:
hub 2-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 6

They seem harmless but they still skyrocket my system load to 1.6 from 0.1.
I tried every solution I could find on wacky forums on the internet, but none worked,
except of course from rmmoding ehci_hcd (although, I heavily rely on USB).

I patched my kernel to remove that message, but the load still goes to 1.6
when ehci_hcd is loaded, which makes me believe that something is not going
really well.

I pasted my 'lsusb -v' to pastebin.com so as to not flood this threat:
http://pastebin.com/q6mQghBp

Please, any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you!

[1]: Out of the blue means that I just rebooted and it started happening. I then

      tried all the kernels I was using for the past year and the message started appearing
      in all of them as well. I vaguely remember having this exact message some months ago
      in the same machine and I think it suddenly just stopped.
      I'm having this problem now for 3-4 days and it gets really irritating since it stresses my
      computer too much.