Re: Reprobing a USB device?

On 10:23 Wed 22 Jun     , Alan Stern wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, matt mooney wrote:
>
> > > Well, no. To reprobe you write to "bind" which is an attribute of the driver
> > > and in fact in the same directory as "unbind"
> >
> > This is exactly the problem. The device needs to be rebound to the default
> > driver, which is unknown.
>
> You can always use usbfs (or libusb) for this purpose.  The
> USBDEVFS_CONNECT ioctl will automatically probe an interface for the
> appropriate driver.

Unfortunately, libusb is not being used already in USB/IP, and I have not had
time to look into it. The original author chose not to go that route and
implement kernel modules instead, and I wanted to get USB/IP working with as
little modification as possible at first.

I guess that only make sense if my limited understanding of libusb is
correct. It could be the case that libusb could still be used in the userspace
utilities.

Thanks,
matt