Re: USB Disconnects / resets after commit b963801164618e25fbdc0cd452ce49c3628b46c8

Dear Alan,

On 2 June 2011 14:40, Matej Kenda <matejken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Here's a patch for you to test. ÂIt isn't exactly a reversion of the
>>> "USB: ehci-hcd unlink speedups" commit.
>>
>> Thank you. I'll try the patch.
>
> It took me some time to set up the test environment with patched
> kernel. There was some other work that I needed to complete. I had to
> upgrade my LKM for custom piece of hardware to be able to run the
> test.
>
> I applied the patch to Linux kernel from Ubuntu Natty (2.6.38-10). I
> needed to modify the patch slightly.
>
> I will report how it works in a week or so.

Patched Linux kernel is now being used on four systems (COMe type) for
almost two weeks. USB disk where the complete OS is installed did not
unexpectedly disconnect on any of these embedded devices.

It seems that the your patch solves the problem.

Regards,

Matej