Re: [RFC/PATCH 2/2] usb: host: xhci: give xhci a platform_device

Hi Paul,

good to hear from you on the list ;-)

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 03:08:46PM -0700, Paul Zimmerman wrote:
> Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > NOT FOR MERGING!!!
> >
> > it will make it simpler to re-use the stack
> > if it's not tied to a particular bus. Later
> > patches should come to phase PCI bus to a
> > separate piece of code which doesn't touch
> > xhci.c.
> >
> > NYET-Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx>
>
> It's not clear from the patch, does this mean that xhci will now be split
> into two modules, xhci.ko and xhci-pci.ko or similar, like your DWC3
> driver? If so, that's different from the other USB *HCI host drivers up

yes, the plan is to make it similar to DWC3 driver :-) Then, on OMAP5,
all we have to do is create the xhci platform device, no other code
needed.

> to now. Does it mean we need new udev rules to load both of the modules?

no udev rules needed as long as the correct MODULE_ALIAS() are put in
place :-)

--
balbi