Re: problems with addonics usb 3.0 to esata adapter

yes that's the product …

the same result happened when I put my sata drive in a usb 3.0 enclosure also and I got the addonics product in the hopes of connecting to a JBOD with higher throughput than just the esata connection.

my syslog reports: xhci_hcd 0000:03:00.0: WARN: Stalled endpoint

basically, it connects fine when I reboot, shows up as mounted in /media/usb (symlink) with usbmount / udev
then I start copying a lot of files or large files and then something happens and it resets and the kernel mounts it read only and the copy fails.  Then when I try to read the drive, it's no longer there.
I have searched many places on the net to try and find a solution, but have not been successful.

thanks,

Steve
sginn@xxxxxxx

JPEG image