Re: Linux UVC driver can not handle urb_submit error

Dear Alan,

We test again with 2 case:
Case 1: without WiFi, just using ethernet interface for IP cam test.
result: It can work for over night.
hence, we may focus on WiFi driver.
Case 2: we modify WiFi driver in TX direction. the function netdev->hard_xmit()
originally, the function use:spin_lock_irqsave and
spin_unlock_irqrestore for protection
We modify the code : using spin_lock_irq and spin_unlock_irq to
replace the original code.

Then, the result  is better. At least we can see IP cam can work for
several hours.

As we have known, in case 2, spin_lock_irq and spin_unlock_irq  may
cause irq loss, but it seems
usb and wifi can work more smooth.

It seems the "irq count" is the cause of problem from the testing Case
1 &2. Since irq from WiFi is very much in the testing.

if the Irq is so busy in the system that WiFi has included, then "usb
irq will not be service at once" is sure.
Do you have any idea?

And the question from Laurent,
."If the URB is resubmitted too late, why can't it just be queued for
the next (micro-)frame "

Thanks a lot

best Regards,
Soho